Quarry Swim Test
The Quarry is a natural body of water that is spring fed and 55 feet deep, with no shallow areas. For that reason, SWIMMERS ONLY should attempt the swim test.
To swim in the Quarry, participants will be asked to complete the following tasks:
1. Swim to the first Quarry raft (approximately 40 yards), accompanied by a lifeguard on a board.
* Swimmer must demonstrate that he or she is proficient at the crawl (freestyle) or the breaststroke
* NO doggy paddle, backstroke or swimming underwater is allowed
* Swimmer may rest on the raft for 2 minutes
2. Jump back into the water from the raft and swim back to the waterfront near the main lifeguard chair.
3. Tread water for 3 minutes in an area designated by the lifeguard.
To pass the test, 100% completion of all three tasks is required. Pass/fail will be determined by the lifeguard giving the test. The test may be altered at the lifeguard's discretion.
NOTE: If the swimmer tires, he or she may hold onto the lifeguard's board for safety, but the test has been failed at that point.The test can only be taken once a day. The test cannot be retaken on the same day.